Who we are
Our website address is: https://portstr.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We collect information submitted through our forms for storage in our internal customer relations management software. We also occasionally send emails to our customers and prospects.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Automatically collected data
Log Data: When you visit our Site, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. This log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (from which we understand the country you are connecting from at the time you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
If you sign up to receive email alerts or other communication from us, we safely store your contact information, possibly including your name and email address. We never share this information with third-parties, partners, or other businesses. We only use this information to communicate directly with you, and only after it is voluntarily offered. We also make it easy to unsubscribe to any of our communications through our email software. If you are having trouble unsubscribing or have questions about our data use, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data protection rights
Certain applicable data protection laws give you specific rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, if the processing of your personal data is subject to the GDPR, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal data and, if so, provide you with a digital copy of that personal data along with certain other details such as the purpose of the data processing. If you require additional print copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your personal data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the personal data or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your personal data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your personal data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your personal data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your personal data — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or
- If we are processing your personal data for direct marketing.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw your consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your personal data, you can report it to the UK data protection authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office or ICO), or, as the case may be, any other competent data protection authority of an EU member state that is authorized to hear those concerns (you may find EU Data Protection Authorities’ contact information here.)
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us by emailing email@example.com. We may also need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond to any request.
Last updated: December 2, 2018
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the Portstr.com website or affiliated sites and mobile applications (the “Service”) operated by Portstr.com (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through the Service (“Purchase”), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your …
Some parts of the Service are billed on a subscription basis (“Subscription(s)”). You will be billed in advance on a recurring monthly basis. All conditions and arrangement of any subscription are made explicit in material dealing with said transaction. We are also happy to make any arrangement or stipulation clear. If you have questions about subscriptions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Service allows you to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, videos, or other material (“Content”). You are responsible for the material posted. In addition, we hold no responsibility for the content of posted material.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Portstr.com.
Portstr.com has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that My Company (change this) shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 (change this) days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
Last Updated: December 2, 2018
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
A cookie is a piece of information sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies can help a website like ours recognize repeat users and allow a website to track web usage behavior. Cookies work by assigning a number to the user that has no meaning outside of the assigning website.
Cookies can be stored on your computer for different periods of time. “Session cookies” only last for as long as the browser session and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. “Persistent cookies” cookies survive after your browser is closed until a defined expiration date set in the cookie (as determined by the third party placing it), and help recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
The Site uses first party cookies (cookies set directly by us and are essential for using and navigating our services) as well as third-party cookies, as described below.
We also use pixel tags (usually in combination with cookies), from the third parties described below, to get information about your usage of the Site and our services. Pixel tags are a technology similar to cookies that can be embedded in online content or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking activity on websites (for example, to know when content has been shown to you), or to know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message.
TYPES OF COOKIES USED
Type: Strictly Necessary; Session
- Payments Engine
- Current Branch
- Identity Service
- Identity Session
- Original URL
- Opt Out: Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Site and our services, you cannot refuse them.
Type: Analytics / Performance; Persistent
Google Analytics: Google Analytics helps understand how visitors use the Site. Google, Inc. (“Google”) will use this information on our behalf to evaluate your use of the Site, compile reports on Site activity and similar data relating to use of the. Your IP address and other information collected by this cookie will be sent to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
To learn how Google uses data collected on our Site, visit https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners?hl=en-GB&gl=uk.
Learn more on the individual cookies and their expiration at: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.
Intercom: Cookies from Intercom allow us to track usage across most of our Site. Expiration of these cookies depends on the cookies used (generally, between 1 week and 1 year). Learn more here: https://www.intercom.com/terms-and-policies#privacy.
Opt Out: You can block or delete cookies by changing the browser settings as explained under the “Your Choices” section below. To opt out of Google Analytics, you can download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Type: Functionality; Persistent
- YouTube: Some of our websites embed videos or include links from YouTube. When visiting any of our pages with content from YouTube these cookies may be presented. Expiration of these cookies depends on the cookies used (generally, between 6 months – 2 years). Learn more here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/types
- JW Player: Some of our websites embed videos from Vimeo. When visiting any of our pages with content from JW Player these cookies may be presented. They expire after 2 years. Learn more here https://www.jwplayer.com/privacy/
- Gravity Forms: We use Gravity Forms to build some of the forms on our websites. The cookies from Gravity Forms allow us to use this functionality. Expiration of these cookies depends on the cookies used (generally, between 3 months – 1 year). Learn more here https://www.gravityforms.com/terms-and-conditions/
- Opt Out: You can block or delete cookies by changing the browser settings as explained under the “Your Choices” section below.
Type: Advertising; Persistent
- Facebook: Facebook helps you stay in touch with your network through your website/mobile application. Because we include a link for you to view our Facebook profiles via our Site, Facebook includes an advertising cookie on the Site. These cookies expire after 2 months. Learn more here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- DoubleClick: Enables Google and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visit to our Site. Learn more about Google’s privacy practices here: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
- Twitter: Twitter provides real time updates from across the globe on the latest trending stories, ideas and opinions from the Twitter accounts or hashtags that you choose to follow. We make it easier for you to share our website content over Twitter. Learn more here: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
Opt Out: You can block or delete cookies by changing the browser settings as explained under the “Your Choices” section below. The providers listed below also offer direct opt-out functionalities:
- Facebook: To opt out, please visit https://www.f.acebook.com/help/769828729705201.
- DoubleClick: You may opt out of personalised advertising by visiting Google’s Ads Settings at the following link: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated. You can also prevent your data from being collected by DoubleClick on our Site by downloading and installing the DoubleClick Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser at the following link: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/7395996.
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can alter the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Cookie Settings in Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Cookie Settings in Firefox: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Cookies
Cookie Settings in Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
Cookie Settings in Safari
- iPad/iPhone: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- macOS: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_US
Most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Portstr.com at email@example.com.